Expert Solicitor assistance
A relationship breakdown is traumatic for anyone, whether it arises from a marriage, civil partnership or cohabitation, but trying to agree a financial settlement following separation often adds to the stress of an already difficult situation.
Paul Norton & Co. Solicitors can offer you sympathetic, constructive advice at this difficult time, helping you to achieve a fair financial settlement with your ex, whether by negotiation or court order. Paul Norton has extensive experience in dealing with cases of this type, so you can be sure that we can provide you with the robust knowledge and support that you need to resolve your case. We work hard to keep the stress to a minimum.
Why choose Paul Norton Solicitor?
- Free initial telephone consultation with our solicitor to assess your case;
- Our experienced and dedicated team will fight your case, helping you to negotiate and mediate where possible;
- Our Finances Solicitor is fully qualified, with over 10 years’ experience;
- We are very proactive in progressing cases as quickly as possible and undertake most of our correspondence by email, considerably speeding up the process;
- Legal Aid may still available in some Matrimonial Finances cases and we will check with you to assess if you would qualify for Legal Aid;
- Competitive rates are available if you cannot obtain Legal Aid.
- Paul Norton is a member of specialist Family Law organisation called, Resolution. As a Resolution member our policy is to encourage settlement of cases in a non-confrontational way where at all possible. That does not mean that we will not fight your case in court if this is needed.
Matrimonial Finances fees
Your case will be assessed during your initial telephone consultation and we will provide you with an estimate of the likely costs. If you agree our fees we then bill your case on a monthly basis, allowing you to spread the cost of your Financial case. We always advise you in advance of any expenses.
So that you can be assured of the best price we will always try to match other solicitors for fees on Divorce. For a divorce petition fees we charge £650 plus VAT. If you are a respondent in a Divorce then we charge a reduced fee of £350 plus VAT (£420 incl. VAT). For contested divorces we charge on the basis of a £170 hourly rate. All cases are assessed for eligibility for our fixed fees scheme by our Solicitor in your initial consultation.
We can also advise you on how to apply for partial discount or exemption from court fees, if you are assessed as eligible (currently £550 to file a divorce petition).
If you would like to have an initial discussion with our Matrimonial Finances Solicitor in Luton to assess your case, please complete our Contact Form requesting a call back
Or arrange an appointment with a solicitor.
Call Now: 01582 494970