Independent Legal Advice
The requirement to have Independent Legal Advice has now becoming more widespread than ever before. It usually arises when you are involved in a legal agreement and for the agreement to be done, it is necessary for one of your to be advised separately. Without this, it is said that the transaction or matter cannot proceed.
This page is about the Independent Legal Advice that we can provide for you. We provide the following:
- Independent Legal Advice is provided by a Solicitor.
- We do out of office/work hours visits to meet you rather than you come here.
- We do home visits.
- We do either Face-to-face meetings or we do Skype calls.
- All of our fees are up-front and fixed, agreed with you in advanced.
Examples of cases where we have provided Independent Legal Advice in the past:
- Employment Settlement Agreements. Where an employee is signing a compromise Agreement. We provide advice on the Compromise Agreement.
- Personal Guarantees. For example where a Limited Company is taking out a loan or mortgage from the Bank or a lender and the lender wants a personal Guarantee by the Director personally.
- Occupier’s consent – Where an occupier over 18 lives at the property but does not own it is asked to obtain advice before a remortgage takes place.
- Transfer of Equity. For example where one person is transferring a share in a property to someone else (for example a couple putting their property into both their names, and/or where one party is coming off the title to the property).
- Springboard mortgages. Where we as an independent solicitor (but not the solicitor involved in the conveyancing or the mortgage) explains risk to those providing the assistance and provide a certificate of independent legal advice to satisfy the criteria of the lenders. We can also ensure that your paperwork is completed correctly to enable the Family Springboard Mortgage to commence.
- Separation Agreements.
- Deeds of Trust.
- Advice on matrimonial financial settlements.
The above are just some examples of the independent legal advice we have been involved in.
How we Work
- Service provided by face to face meetings at our offices or we travel to you.
- Alternatively we provide independent legal advice face to face via Skype.
- We cover all areas of England and Wales by Skype. Just ask!
- All fees agreed in advance so that you know exactly what the fees are.
- We do out of office/work hours.
- Weekend appointments available. Just ask!
- Appointments at short notice catered for where possible!
- We can arrange to visit you at home or at your office/place of work.
Want to talk about your case? Call us now.
Our helpful team are here to help.
Telephone: 01582 494970
Our Fees are as follows:
Independent Legal Advice: £300.00 plus VAT
Cost for each additional person requiring Independent Legal Advice. £125 plus VAT