LASTING POWER OF ATTORNEY
Getting older or illness can bring a time when you may need assistance in making decisions. Loved ones can be there to help you. But to avoid problems for them, by taking out a Lasting Power of Attorney you can help them to help you.
By taking out a Lasting Power of Attorney you can name trusted family members or friends to be your Attorney. By naming them as your Attorneys this gives them the right to act or speak on your behalf.
What is a Lasting Power of Attorney?
There are two separate types of Lasting Power of Attorney:
The 1st type is a Lasting Power of Attorney for money and property matters.
The 2nd type is a Lasting Power of Attorney for Health Welfare matters.
For example if you have a Lasting Power of Attorney for money and property matters this Power of Attorney will authorise your attorney to:
* Speak to the council tax office on your behalf.
* Speak to the bank on your behalf.
* Assist in claiming benefits and rebates and speaking to officials.
* Helping you with making financial decisions.
If you have a Lasting Power of Attorney for Health and Welfare, this Lasting Power of Attorney will authorise your your attorney in health matters, such as:
* Speaking to your Surgery or GP on your behalf.
* Give instructions to Social Services.
* Asking questions about your medical treatment.
* Getting help and support from the health services.
Once made, your Lasting Power of Attorney is a document which you can store away, only there to help you when you need it. Or it can be used right from the start. Your Choice.
Let us sort out your Lasting Power of Attorney today.
Unsure of the difference or have questions about how to get a Lasting Power of Attorney? Complete our online enquiry form or call and speak to us now about Lasting Power of Attorney guidance and Lasting Power of Attorney Cost: 01582 494970
Why chose us
- We are a practice with a focus on Lasting Powers of Attorney. Over 10 years experience in drawing up and providing Power of Attorney guidance. Trust the Experts!
We understand that life is busy these days so we are available for out of hours appointments and will visit you in your home or office if need be. Hospital and home visits always available. Weekend and out of hours visits by appointment.
- We are local to you and serve our local community of Luton, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire. We are not some internet business based many, sometimes hundreds of miles away. You can even visit our high street offices.
- We are trained professionals and are insured up to £2,000,000 for every case.
- We pride ourselves on offering a personal service and offer a prompt and professional service.
- We check your financial circumstances to see if you could qualify for any fee reductions in Lasting Power of Attorney cost. If you do qualify for any exemptions we can provide the relevant forms to obtain that for you.
- We provide Lasting Power of Attorney guidance on how to get power of attorney for elderly parents.
- We provide all the up to date forms and documentation for you – guaranteed.
- We check to make sure that all of the forms are completely correct.
- Our solicitor can act as your “Certificate Provider”. Your need a “Certificate Provider” for your Lasting Power of Attorney to be approved.
- Once prepared our Solicitor can act for you to register your Lasting Power of Attorney. We will deal with the Court directly for you.
- When we receive your approved Lasting Power of Attorney we check it through. Only after it has gone through our Quality Control we then send it to you by recorded delivery. Alternately you can call into our offices to collect your Lasting power of attorney – your choice. We can also store your power of attorney at our offices.